Friday, January 14, 2005

okie, i decided i shall blog tonite, tho i want to sleep soon. hv to wake up early tmr morning.. *groan.. shall leave the whining to tmr.. now, to focus on today.. it was quite another eventful day..

the farmart experience

when my boss said he wanted to get plants n an aquarium in the ancilliary office (which is the office space for the students n staff, right outside his own personal office), he wasnt kidding. yesterday he got me panicked to chk n make sure that this place Farmart, which i recommended since i see it every morning aboard bus 172, sells both plants n fish. i onli rmbr my fren Gracieee telling me bout her going there with her bf for some fishing activity.. so i called that place up, n i gave my fren a call too.. hehe.. jus to be doubly sure that the place is safe to bring my boss over to shop for plants n fish. yea, i can get stressed n panicky over such small issue, esp when my reliability is at stake.. hehe..

well, we (me n 2 undergrads working in my lab) went today during lunch hour. n that was what we had there too - lunch, and it was my boss' treat!!.. hehe.. so good.. well, of cos we din eat expensive stuff; we wun feel good ordering those stuff anyway. then we spent 2hours plus deciding on what fish, what fish tank, gravel, plants.. the complete set!.. n it amted up to $200, which my bro told me later is still relatively cheap, but to me, it was like spending a lot of money! then we went on with the plant selection. the girls happily dismissed the notion that they would not only b late for their tutorial, which was at 230pm, but that they would be missing the entire class. they din mind. haiz.. given the "reason" of missing class, i guess i wun mind either.. *grinz..

Farmart din put upon me such a great impression as the website described it. (yesh, i went thru all the trouble of tracking down the online information to chk whether there were plants n fish on sale there.. *haiz.. ) it's a little run-down, if u ask me. but it had all the things that we need.. so phew.. i was relieved. n we were all glad at the end of the day, except for my boss tho cos i think he minded the amt of money he spent, but i guess that will wear off.. we really hav to take good care of the plants n fish.. the plants are in the office now, but the fish n the whole lot will onli come on Tues.. i cant wait for that day to come.. hehe.. things will be livelier in the office!

the blood test

once back in the office by 330pm.. i rang up NUH to chk on their price tag for a blood test, which i needed for my PR application. n it was $22!! so much cheeper than the price quoted to me at the NTU clinic. so yea... i was so silly to go back to that place to settle my medical chkup when once upon a time, i was 'cheated' off my medical prescription before. haiz.. thanks to my colleague for the wake-up call to chk up the prices elsewhere.

but no thanks to myself for the last min arrangement. haiz.. i finally decided that i would want to make my PR on Mon, so when i called NUH i asked whether i could get the report by Mon if i go down tmr for the blood test, n she said the result might onli b out in the aft, which would be a 'no-no' because then i dun think i can make it in time to Lavendar to process my PR. n oso why Mon is bcos i hav my next dental appointment then, so i wun hav to travel to NUH so many times.. hee.. talk about hitting two birds with one stone, i m more like injuring myself.. haa..

back to the story, so there i was, having to leave early from work today cos if they get my blood sample by today they would be able to give me my result by Mon morning, but they close at 5pm. n the time then was 350pm. i still had things to settle in lab. n if u know NTU, it takes u ages to go anywhere.. by 410pm, i was done, but i oso knew i wld b late. i rushed, caught 179 to interchange, then decided on a cab cos combine the $22 with the cab fare, i would still be on the winning end. plus, i think i can claim 85% of my medical chkup from my medisave. hee.. me being calculative... :P

phew, managed to reach NUH at 440pm. then the big boo-boo came at the enquiry table when i asked where the lab was to take my blood sample. the man then told me that i hv to go SATA, the nearest being in Jurong, but they would hv closed by the time i get there. n i rushed all the way from NTU! i was aghast, broken, felt like sulking the rest of the day.. all the rush, for nothing?... then the leaflet that the man passed to me with the four different SATA addresses on them caught my eye.. wait a minute, it says there that their operational hours is till 430pm, n the lady over the phone jus now said 5pm. sth was not right, sth was amiss.. so i went back to the enquiry counter to ask.

i explained that i called NUH, n the operator directed me to another number, so it mus b within NUH. it cant b outside.. i was putting my bet on that one, cos i wasnt too sure. i was hoping beyond all hope that the operator had not been too nice to connect me to an outside place, which doubt said it might b possible, n that the other lady from the lab could have made the mistake about the working hours. so the man called the operator so that i could get connected to the sposedly lab in NUH.. turns out that it's NUH Referral Lab, n it is in NUH!! Glory, Hallelujah... my effort, my rush was not wasted..

anyway, by that time when i put down the call, the lady who was sposed to be at the enquiry booth came back, n she was much clearer than the guy. apparently if there was no need for x-ray then i could go to that NUH Referral Lab.. so happily i ran down the corridors, to the blood donation centre, got re-directed to the little office next to the blood donation centre.. n got the whole blood thing settled. thank God!..

so i was this jubiliant, happy girl at the end of the day, who got to eat her waffle hotdog at clementi, n met up with dear fren Fongky even if it means a U-turn from Jurong East MRT back to Clementi.. haha.. well, i get to meet one out of three people i intended to meet when i was down in NUS, so of cos i would go n meet la. funny thing was this, as i was at clementi, i was trying to piece these phrases: "losing proximity, losing intimacy" n seeing how true they were when put side by side.. then i bumped into an old JC fren, who i hav lost touch with.. we exchanged numbers, n i guess soon i will try to organise a JC reunion thinggy.. suddenly felt that i din wanna lose touch with so many ppl i hv come to know in my life..

a really long blog.. i think i'm at it again.. u know, the blog addict bug.. sleep... yesh.. i ought to sleep.. fyi, i spent 43 mins typing tis out.. nities frens, mates, sisters, loves.. :)

No comments: