Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Of cakes and shops

Both of which I think I rather had too much of today. No, I did not buy many things, but my eyes saw what my hands went through, and some of which my body wriggled in and out. All can be quite a tiring process for someone who does not shop that much. *grinz. Yet it was a great time spent with lil miss Wonka, who finally made her first trip down to JB!! hehe.. And when you're down there, how can you avoid not going into the Secret Recipe with the cakes going for RM$5.30! That's about how much they charge here in Sing dollars too.

And I found out that they serve this very nice vegetarian hakka dish at Holiday Inn Plaza. Must bring my mom there next time to savour. I love my first taste of it in Ipoh last time. It'd be some time before i get to go back to Ipoh again, probably Dec when Alex is back home. :)

---

And last Friday, argh.. I wish I had my pen. Before and after watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (who else would I be watching it with?! *grinz.. n it's a really good n heart-warming), my thoughts ran so wild, so free. Perhaps they knew I did not have a pen to contain them. I tried typing into my hp, but my fingers are never good at keeping count of words.

Anyway, these words off the cover of a philosophical book that I glanced upon in Kinokuniya last Thurs came back to me: "Love, at a sudden turn of events, can be indifferent or disgust. Hate is immortal." Well, naturally my mind set to work on the 101 things that I have been taught about love, unconditional love. I even thought of the instance that once a story taught me about darkness as being the absence of light. Can't hatred then be the absence of love? I have yet to read the text within. There are others more soothing to the nerves, such as text from St Augustine and the other one I saw from Kempis.

--

On a side-note from my writing desk, I am near the stage of giving up. I am wearied and burdened by the facts and things I have to research on, to read up. Though I've just learnt previously that it is possible to make up half of what you write. Yet when it comes to serious writing, when it has been acclaimed that A is A, you can't go your way and say that A is B. That is so utterly wrong. So I need to get my facts right, but it's simply unbearable to think of all the things I ought to know. I have till end October, my only consolation that time is still quite by my side. Though I have other things in mind to settle as well. And I just pampered myself with a hand-load, no, make that a drawer-load of books. I'm getting nowhere of stopping myself from reading, and yet I am not reading what I should be reading. *sigh...

No comments: